- Wear cute jammies. Yeah, sure its, easier to throw on an old tee- but if you want to sleep in a tee, get a soft slub-knit sleep shirt. Wear cute underwear to bed. Valentine’s is around the corner, but yourself something comfortable and nice even if you’re the only one that will see it. Even if you have a Target budget.
- Find a signature salad and eat it often. This may include some searching on Pinterest or flipping through your healthy-eating friends cookbooks for inspiration. Does it have to be super-healthy? No. Keep all the ingredients around as much as often. Make your own dressing for a bonus. (I love Magic Green Sauce!)
- Go to Trader Joe’s or somewhere and buy a basil plant for your kitchen. You’ll feel more culinary even if you never use it. Bonus points if you use it in that salad we talked about earlier. See also – thyme, oregano and mint. If you kill it – get another one.
- Take your shoes off and stand barefoot on the beach, the dirt or in grass once week. Don’t forget to check for dog poop. Close your eyes and feel the roots growing from you down into the earth. Ground yourself. Close your eyes. Breathe.
- Read one fiction, one non-fiction and one biography this year. My list? “Outlander”, “Silent Spring” and “The Princess Diarist”. Audiobooks count.
- Find yourself a signature quote or Bible verse you love. Take it and put it on your own words and write it down in your planner somewhere as a surprise for when it’s needed.
- Try to fill in this map of all 50 states. Start on ‘easy’. If you fail – study and try again in a week. Make it through Hard by December. You got this. You HAD this – in elementary school.
- Take a hike. Even if its for a mile. Bring your phone safely tucked away for a selfie at a scenic spot. Wear sturdy shoes. Wear a hat. Bring water. Stay on the trail.
What was your 2017 resolution?